"Signing Transaction Failed" Wallet Repair with Yuri

(Nick Saponaro) #1

This problem only affects WINDOWS users of Divi Desktop 1.0.0 who experienced this bug.

Recovery steps

1. Affected user backs up their currently corrupted wallet.dat file.

2. Affected user will send @yuraolex their current corrupted wallet.dat file from version 1.0.0 along with their wallet password.
    – Yuri will take their corrupted wallet and calculate how much DIVI was lost.
    – Yuri will fix the wallet.dat file and send it back.
    – Yuri will inform Edwina how much they lost and have her send it to them.

3. Affected user waits for Yuri to send back the new wallet.dat file.

4. Affected user must install the new Divi Desktop wallet with version 1.0.x
    – New version will be released toward the end of this week / early next week at the latest.

5. Affected user will replace the wallet.dat with the new one from Yuri.
    – This file should be placed in AppData > Roaming > DIVI

6. Affected user will see their transaction history in their wallet that includes:
    – Any funds that were not corrupted and transactions related to them.
    – A new transaction from Edwina with the previously corrupted funds.

7. Affected user should not see the original transaction with the previously corrupted funds.

(Nick Saponaro) #2

(Bittrady) #4

Hi , I registered here to fix the bug, but I cannot pm to @yuraolex. There is no such option for newly registered users. can you change this?

(Nick Saponaro) #5

I upgraded you to level 1 basic user so you should be able to dm now

(Bittrady) #6

Thanks a lot, Nick! I appreciate this. Maybe you can keep this thread open for others who have the same problem , not beeing the proper level to pm.

(Nick Saponaro) #7

That’s the plan :slight_smile:

We limit DMs for new users for security reasons. Plus we don’t want a malicious person making a bunch of accounts and spamming the team or mods.

RESOLVED - Deploy MN: "Signing transaction failed"
RESOLVED - Divi gone. Panicking
RESOLVED - Explorer or redeem bug
(sai) #8

I’ve sent my borked wallet to @yuraolex with wetransfer. :nauseated_face:

(Nick Saponaro) #9

Quick update:
I spoke to Yuri today and he will begin the reclamation process on funds tomorrow. This is possible because we already have working beta versions of the GUI and the updated CORE. Once the new version is publicly available, all you’ll have to do is follow steps 4-7 and you’ll be good to go :slight_smile:

(Martin) #10

Hi, I would like to be upgrade to level 1.

(Bittrady) #11

Hi Nick,
I sent my wallet and password to Yuri yesterday, but no response! When will he answer and send the modified wallet.dat back?

(Steven) #12

Can he send the coins to a new wallet address instead of sending me the file?

(OriZ) #13

@yuraolex please see @Steve_cash question above, @Steve_cash I rejected the new topic since you’ve already asked in here and we don’t need a topic just for that question. thanks.

(Steven) #14

Thanks buddie!

(Nick Saponaro) #15

Update

1. Yuri will repair the wallet.
  2. You will create a brand new wallet with the latest builds that will be released tomorrow.
    – Please do a clean install. This means deleting all DIVI and Divi Desktop folders from your computer and completely uninstalling before downloading the new builds.
  3. You will send Yuri the new wallet’s address
  4. Yuri will send you all of your funds.

(sai) #16

Ready and waiting.

(Bittrady) #17

Hi Nick,

just to summarize, the whole procedure is now like this?

1. Affected user backs up their currently corrupted wallet.dat file.
  2. Affected user will send @yuraolex their current corrupted wallet.dat file from version 1.0.0 along with their wallet password.
  3. Yuri will repair the wallet.
  4. You will create a brand new wallet with the latest builds that will be released tomorrow.
    – Please do a clean install. This means deleting all DIVI and Divi Desktop folders from your computer and completely uninstalling before downloading the new builds.
  5. You will send Yuri the new wallet’s address
  6. Yuri will send you all of your funds.

Is this right? I have sent my wallet.dat link as well as the wallet password two days ago to Yuri, but no response.
So, the next step would be downloading the new build? (Where can I find the location? The link on your website is only for Ver 1.0.0)
And then create new wallet address and send this to Yuri by pm, right?

Best regards

(Nick Saponaro) #18

New builds have been released. Please read my latest reply for more info.

(Steven) #19

Thanks, I have emailed Yuri - is there an ETA on the turnaround?

(Bittrady) #20

Ok, thanks. I did everything and sent the new wallet address from new build to Yuri by pm here in forum.

When will he proceed and send my DIVI to the new wallet?

(Nick Saponaro) #21

Yuri is likely asleep considering his time zone in Ukraine. So, he will begin the reclamation process when he wakes up.