RESOLVED - Masternode guide followed (own VPS), not working

(Jules) #1

Expected behavior

I working copper masternode.

Actual behavior

Masternode is not listed on Diviscan.io, no rewards so far and therefor I assume it is not working.

Operating system

• [ ] Mac OSX
  • [X] Windows 10
  • [ ] Windows 8/8.1
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 18.04
  • [ ] Linux Debian
  • [ ] Other UNIX/Linux distribution

Detailed reproduction steps

I installed the DIVI wallet on my VPS, and followed the masternode setup guide. Eventually it didn’t work, due to I misread that I needed two wallets, controller and remote.

So I made a backup of the wallet.dat and some additional information.

Then I installed a DIVI wallet on my local machine and went through the masternode setup guide again via the commands as stated. So a new masternodefund, txhash and so on. Eventually I received the message; masternode successfully started.

Happy as I was, I thought I was fine and that my masternode was launched. Unfortunately this isn’t the case, as I cannot find my masternode in the list on diviscan.io and I haven’t received rewards.

The respective (last) txhash is as following:

I’m kind of scared to do something wrong now and I would appreciate support (I’m not that technical) what to do next in order to finally launch my copper masternode. Help is very much appreciated!

(OriZ) #2

Please post what your local masternode.conf file contains, what your local divi.conf file contains, and what your remote divi.conf file contains

(Jules) #3

I gladly do - but without the private key I assume?!

(OriZ) #4

You can do it in pm if you’d like

(Jules) #5

Masternode.config

mn1 185.52.14.214:51472 PRIVATEKEY e17c60aed347d69577f7c83d3633c644a70147da39ad56009f18582f5c0765b4 1

divi.config

divi.conf configuration file. Lines beginning with # are comments.

#rpcuser=TempName
#rpcpassword=TempSuperPass1538937227999
#rpcport=51473
#rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
#rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

#daemon=1

mndiviaddress=D97SEoJDksK1NieZuuFP85JGpFkzPY1rnj

rpcuser=mugpuffy
rpcpassword=xc3y_Q_H_aS______5LLQjuF
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=51473
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=185.52.14.214
masternodeprivkey=PRIVATEKEY

(OriZ) #6

masternode.conf looks ok, I’m assuming that’s the line you received for fundmasternode. local divi.conf ok. not sure where that mndiviaddress fits in as I never use that, but the rest of the remote divi.conf seems ok. Assuming 185.52.14.214 is the ip of the vps?

Did you check right after you started it if it was on and then did it just go off? did you make sure on the remote side, to use tmux or something similar to make sure that divid stays running? if you type “tmux new” BEFORE “./divid” that should take care of it.

Connect with your server and try to start divid, see whether or not it starts it, or tells you it is already started. if it starts it, that means it was stopped before and that is likely your issue.

The other thing to check is that you have the right version installed on there.

(Jules) #7

masternode.conf looks ok, I’m assuming that’s the line you received for fundmasternode.
Correct - this is based on the commands I used (this file is located at my local wallet on my laptop)

local divi.conf ok. not sure where that mndiviaddress fits in as I never use that, but the rest of the remote divi.conf seems ok. Assuming 185.52.14.214 is the ip of the vps?
What do you mean with local divi.conf and remote divi.conf? As this information is filled in at the divi.conf file located on the VPS. 185.52.14.214 is indeed the ip of the VPS. Also, the mndiviaddress is commented in the file itself, I think while copying it removed the hashtags.

Did you check right after you started it if it was on and then did it just go off? did you make sure on the remote side, to use tmux or something similar to make sure that divid stays running? if you type “tmux new” BEFORE “./divid” that should take care of it.
Uhm I don’t really get this, sorry. This was imo not stated in the setup guide?

(OriZ) #8

Setup guide tells you what you need to know to setup a DIVI masternode on a remote server, it’s up to you how you want to handle that server, many people have different ways…that said I’ll recommend adding it.

remove the mndiviaddress line from divi.conf I don’t think you need it…either that or add the hashtags back. keep it saved safe somewhere for now, but I never use it. Not sure it can do any harm either, I am just comfortable with recommending it the way I have it.

Did you check to see if divid was running or not?

(~ Node of the Realm ~) #9

Log into your VPS and do getmasternodestatus … if it returns your masternode info… then you are all good

(Jules) #10

getmasternodestatus

09:18:20

Masternode not found in the list of available masternodes. Current status: Not capable masternode: Hot node, waiting for remote activation.

This is wat I get from the getmasternodestatus command…

(~ Node of the Realm ~) #11

Ok, that means one of 2 things… masternode isn’t started correctly and needs started from the controlling wallet, or it isn’t configured correctly in the first instance.

From your divi.conf in the controlling wallet, do you actually have the “#” at the start of the lines like what you have posted?

(Jules) #12

This is the divi.conf file on my controlling wallet (laptop)

##divi.conf configuration file. Lines beginning with # are comments.

rpcuser=TempName
rpcpassword=TempSuperPass1538468118980
rpcport=51473
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

daemon=1

##mndiviaddress=D97SEoJDksK1NieZuuFP85JGpFkzPY1rnj

(OriZ) #13

again, did you check on your remote server to see if DIVID is still running? My guess would be it stopped and that’s why the masternode dropped. All the conf files seem fine.

(Jules) #14

Can you explain what I need to do to see if DIVID is still running?

(OriZ) #15

how did you start it in the first place?

(Jules) #16

I used the startmasternode command on the controller node (local wallet). It said successfully started and after this I opened the remote node (VPS wallet).

(OriZ) #17

Ok so did you never call ./divid from the remote server?

(Jules) #18

No, not as far as I remember. To be honest, I don’t see this as a step in the setup guide.

(OriZ) #19

The guide does make references to “starting your remote node”(this is different from a masternode).

You need both nodes, local and remote running in order for the masternode to run. In your remote server(I’m assuming it’s linux), type “cd divi-1.0.0/bin”, then type “tmux new”(make sure you get the green line), and then type “./divid” and let me know what it says.

(OriZ) #20

ok just realized something, how did you even have a .divi dir created if you never tried to run the daemon? where is your remote divi.conf located?