• [ ] Mac OSX
  • [x ] Windows 10
  • [ ] Windows 8/8.1
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 18.04
  • [ ] Linux Debian
  • [ ] Other UNIX/Linux distribution

Detailed reproduction steps

After a power loss caused and unexpected shutdown of my computer, upon restart my divi wallet would not sync.

NOTE: You must have your seed phrase from your wallet for this to work.

Here is what I did to fix the problem:

1: Uninstall Divi using windows uninstaller
2: Delete DIVI and DIVI DESKTOP folders from ROAMING APP DATA in Windows
3: Empty trash can
4: Download new version of Divi Desktop from diviproject.org and install
5: Restore wallet from seed phrase.

There is no need to uninstall or restore from seed. Have you tried the pinned post in the support telegram?

Hi Oriz. Can you please post that link here. Thanks

Do Not Seed Restore Before Inquiry with a Support Admin

Hey, guys I now have three videos for resync issues. (Perpetual Exit/Minimize is a sync issue)

Let me give you a little background so everyone can help anyone with a syncing issue.

Syncing issues are almost ALWAYS related to network issues. What I mean is that the data was interrupted and became disordered or corrupted.

This is not an issue that is caused by any process related to the Divi Desktop or its related applications. The Divi Desktop is merely showing a symptom of the network and data problem. Your Wallet (you coins and data are secure) As always make sure you keep a copy of your Seed Phrase located in settings. Do not attempt these fixes without a copy of that Seed Phrase or a backup of your wallet.dat

What are the causes?

1. Sleep or Hibernation mode
  2. Updates
  3. Loss of data from the internet the service provider or your own wifi connection.
  4. Non-data-related issues are the firewall, router, and antivirus
  5. User Error - Shutting down abruptly without closing your Divi Desktop.
  6. Other applications
  7. Hardware

There are three ways to fix this, as long as we have ruled out firewall, router, and antivirus issues.

Process #1
Reindex
The reindex command goes through your current copy of the entire blockchain from the last sync, reorganizes that data, and creates a cache of the data related to your wallet - its addresses and keys (wallet.dat).
This should always be the first fix.

Process #2
Resync
The resync command removes the current downloaded set of blockchain data, downloads a new set, and that new set is used to create a cache of the data related to your wallet - its addresses and keys (wallet.dat).
This should be the second fix.

Process #3 (for OSX See Below)
Cleanup
The cleanup is a process of removing all files that are not related to your addresses and keys (wallet.dat) or Master Node configuration. The files retained are wallet.dat, masternode.conf, divi.conf, and backups folder. This totally sweeps everything out and creates a brand new set of data and then creates a cache of the data related to your wallet - its addresses and keys(wallet.dat).
This is the third fix for resync (but the first fix for a perpetual exit/minimize upon open and close)

Process 3-OSX

As always protect yourself by have a secure copy of your Divi Desktop Seed Phrase located in settings.

Now there are also other ways like the “rescan” and “clear cache” buttons in settings in the wallet(Those didn’t exist when that post was written but the clear scan essentially does what you would do by removing the folders automatically).

In the future alot of this will be automated and the wallet will know how to take care of itself on its own.

This is fixed in the newer versions