I'm the dumbass that lost his password

Hi and huge apologies for being such a dumb ass.

I installed Divi on my Mac and promptly lost my password.

I do have the backup 16 words, though, and I can’t figure out how to use them to reset my password.

I thought maybe I could just uninstall Divi (using AppZapper which takes care of all files, not just the app itself) and then reinstall it and create a new account fresh and start over.

However, when I did so, it appears to have somehow magically remembered who I am and hence here I am trying to get help with recovering my password.

Or I am happy to just know how I can properly uninstall Divi and then reinstall it and create a fresh, shiny new account and go from there (without being a dumbass and forgetting my password again - hmmm, might have been a little too good that flower I was vaping :wink:

Thanks enormously for any guidance in any way possible to get me up and running a Divi Masternode, I am excited by how easy it is supposed to be and heard about you guys first on the Bad Crypto Podcast, FYI.

Peace!

Operating system

• [x] Mac OSX
  • [ ] Windows 10
  • [ ] Windows 8/8.1
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 18.04
  • [ ] Linux Debian
  • [ ] Other UNIX/Linux distribution

Detailed reproduction steps

Hi… you don’t need to uninstall to recover your wallet. All you need is the seed words. With the wallet app running and showing connected, go to settings and then security. Then click on “recover”. From there enter your seed words. Preferably don’t tab between the fields. Just click on the next field and then enter the next word etc… Then it should recover your wallet

Also you can cut & paste the words in. As long as you have one space between each word written in say a word doc, then highlight the lot and paste it into the first field box

Wow, cool, fancy that - it worked!

Huge thanks, Giff.

Now I am presented with a choice of Copper, Silver, etc, when I click “Deploy a new Masternode” but I don’t have enough to start any of them.

I’m still trying to grasp how this works - I thought I could run the app and it would start mining Divi but nothing is happening.

What am I missing? Do I have to buy Divi first and then deploy a Masternode and then I start making Divi?

Huge apologies for being such a noob here, I am wrapping my head around all this.

Cheers again for the fast reply!

Hi, yeah, you need the initial collateral to start a masternode or to stake and start earning.

100k divi is minimum for a masternode & 10k Divi is minimum to stake.

Best place to get divi is on Bitrue exchange at the moment. Their deposits & withdrawals are on hold until tomorrow though

1 Like

Also, I recommend coming and joining the community over on telegram https://t.me/diviproject

In a proof of work coin, you could definitely just download software and start mining. However Proof of Stake coins require a stake. Some blockchains don’t really require any sort of minimum, you can stake Neblio with 1 Neblio, but don’t expect any rewards any time soon.

For divi, you need to attain at least 10K divi in order to start staking and earning more. you need 100K to launch a masternode, which provides rewards a bit differently. There are advantages to either one, and you can run a masternode AND stake the remaining funds too.

1 Like

With one Neblio you might wait 70 years for that reward ROFL :sweat_smile: :rofl::joy: according to my calculations

No wait longer maybe 100 years

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for clarifying this Giff. I will get staked and join the fun!

Done! Cheers!

Got it, thanks for the clarification there shandor, much appreciated!