How to setup a Masternode on a Windows VPS?

Expected behavior

Setting up of Masternode on Windows VPS

Actual behavior

Error message, that the ‘masternode was stopped and requires a subscription to run’

Operating system

• [ ] Mac OSX
  • [ X] Windows 10 (Windows Server 2016)
  • [ ] Windows 8/8.1
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 18.04
  • [ ] Linux Debian
  • [ ] Other UNIX/Linux distribution

Detailed reproduction steps

I installed successfully the Divi Desktop on a Windows VPS. I would like use that VPS for the Masternode and not the 1-click cloud solution. In the GUI installation I did not find a way to switch off the cloud payment plan.
Then I started the setup via the console. I concluded the step to add the masternode.conf file. I got an error at the startmasternode command, that the masternode.conf file is not correct. In the GUI I got the message, that the ‘masternode was stopped and requires a subscription to run’.

Is there no way without an additional subscription?

Welcome brother!

You are correct. Divi’s entire philosophy and movement are not manual setups as the whole basis for Divi is “Crypto Made Easy.” Eventually, we will further progress away from the old methods into the new, making and sharing new paths in the never-ending ongoing effort to remove barriers to entry.

However, even after all, that is said, You can and will be able to deploy a manual setup.

We don’t officially support manuals, but I am here to help you with some tips to get you going.

1st let’s make sure you have no existing payment plans running. Can you go into the GUI wallet you ran the masternode from and open up settings, payments and subscriptions (you may need to unlock) and then click unsubscribe, after you should have a link that allows you to delete from payments and subscriptions.

Then let me get a good idea of your setup.

1. Do you have a local Divi Desktop wallet you can sit in front of that you are going to deploy the masternode from?

It sounds like (forgive me if I’m wrong) you are trying to both deploy and host your masternode on this VPS at the same time?

I will happily follow up you with further and give you some direction and advice and help you as best as I can.

So let me know when you cancel or delete those subscriptions out of payment and subscriptions and then give me a fully fleshed out idea of your setup.

You are right. I got the Divi Desktop wallet on the VPS as well. Is that a problem.
I unsubscribed to all subscriptions.