Divi node routinely moves into an expired status

I’ve been searching for documentation that explains how you are to manage (if at all) any node that you start using the automated node creator. I started a copper node just to test and since starting it on 12/5 I’ve only seen 3 rewards which basically covers the cost of hosting. It does go into an expired status quite often. My node address is DF4M9HEgyTsgW36hD6gK5zgjNt31YExKz2. I have restarted the node several times with the desktop wallet but that seems to reset the “time active” marker back to 0.

I’m I doing something wrong here?

Expected behavior

Actual behavior

Operating system

• [ ] Mac OSX
  • [ ] Windows 10
  • [ ] Windows 8/8.1
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • [ ] Linux Ubuntu 18.04
  • [ ] Linux Debian
  • [ ] Other UNIX/Linux distribution

Detailed reproduction steps

3 rewards in that time frame is actually not bad and not far from expectations for a copper, as you can see here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UD4Nh4JstM3fYsq2PG6cK0j3k0vkIEl6tp8UMfKdZfI/edit#gid=0

Looks like the last reward was 2 days ago and your node seems to be running fine right now(about 5 days since you last restarted it). However keep in mind every time you restart it, it needs to wait another 35 hours to be eligible for rewards, which could be why you are seeing a lower return. Please don’t restart the node without checking with us here, or on telegram(telegram would be quicker as there’s a bot you can check with there) and ensuring it’s online. It likely is, as they normally don’t go down for now reason. However, the desktop wallet can at time show a false status if your mnsync isn’t fully synced(that’s different from a blockchain sync).

Expired is normally fine and only means it hasn’t pinged for a while. Unless it is completely not found, it will turn enabled again after a while.

Thank you for the response.

So am I not to manually start the node when it’s “expired”? It does appear to restart itself and when it does that the time active doesn’t start over.

Exactly, 99% it is fine no matter what it is showing(that said, there will be an update soon to correct the in-wallet status display). If you want to make sure it is running, it seems like you know how to check it on the blockchain, so just check there, or let one of us know.